Faulty Dehumidifier Causes Fire in Sherborn, MA
This devastating fire was the result of a faulty humidifier, left operating when no one was around to monitor the machine, resulting in extensive damage. This is an important reminder to all homeowners to never leave any appliance running when no one is at home. Another important reminder is to be aware of recalls. If you hear about a recall and are not sure if you own that particular model, take the time to find out by calling the manufacturer. House fires are terribly stressful and emotionally overwhelming to experience. Once the fire is out and the fire trucks have left, the worse of the trauma begins. What is left that is salvageable has suffered fire and smoke damage as well as water damage from firefighting efforts. SERVPRO of Newton / Wellesley has technicians who specialize in fire and water damage cleanup, have restoration training and experience to restore your home to its pre-fire condition. In addition our SERVPRO technicians have been trained to operate equipment for odor removal and deep cleaning of upholstery and carpet.