Facts About Mold
A common misconception regarding mold and mildew is that it does not grow during the cold, New England months. Anyone who has found forgotten leftovers in the back of their refrigerator covered in mold knows differently. The truth is that mold and mildew can, and will, grow year round.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from your Natick, Ma commercial or residential property. Mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its naturally occurring levels.
Consider the following mold facts when researching mold remediation companies:
- Mold is present everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
When your commercial or residential property is infested with mold SERVPRO of Natick/Milford is here to help. Our Disaster Remediation Technicians will inspect and assess your property to identify the totality of any infestation and customize and execute a complete remediation plan. Call us today – (774) 290-4300! We will make it, "Like it never even happened."