Preparing For Storms
Severe weather can be disastrous to your commercial or residential property. Preparation is key to staying safe and minimizing its impacts. The following are a few tips to make sure you are prepared when the next severe weather hits:
- Be Weather-Ready: Check the forecast regularly to learn if severe weather is on the horizon. Listen to local news to stay informed about severe thunderstorm watches and warnings.
- Sign Up for Notifications: Know how your community sends storm warning updates. Some communities have outdoor sirens. Others depend on media and smart phones to alert residents to severe storms.
- Create a Communications Plan: Have a plan that includes an emergency meeting place and other pertinent information. Pick a "safe room" such as a storm cellar or an interior room on the lowest floor with that has no windows.
- Practice Your Plan: Conduct drills regularly so everyone knows what to do if when a storm is approaching.
- Prepare: Keep trees and branches trimmed near your property. If you have time before severe weather hits, secure loose objects, close windows and doors, and move any valuable items inside or under a sturdy structure.
The Disaster Remediation and Rebuild Teams at SERVPRO of Natick/Milford are on call 24 hours a day, every day of the year, including holidays! Our crews are here to help swiftly and skillfully board up and tarp any holes in windows, siding, or roofs. To prevent long-term damage to your commercial or residential property and its contents after suffering storm damage contact SERVPRO of Natick/Milford. Call (774) 290-4300 and our Disaster Remediation Team will make it, "Like it never even happened."