SERVPRO Natick Milford Share Cold Weather Storm Maintenance Tips
The winter weather can create problems for homeowners and businesses. It is important to take precautions so that you don’t find yourself with significant damage.
Here’s a cold-weather maintenance checklist to help you maintain your property during the colder months:
- Keep your pipes warm: Cold weather can lead to pipes freezing and bursting. Have your interior temperature above 55°F.
- Keep water flowing: Water is slow to freeze while moving, so turn on your faucet to a slow drizzle.
- Check your HVAC system: Make sure that the airflow around your furnace isn’t obstructed. This will help the heat can reach the rest of the house and also help protect your home against fires.
- Prevent ice dams: When ice freezes on your roof and prevents melting snow from draining safely, it creates an ice dam. Inspect your roof and shingles for damage to avoid this problem.
- Keep your roof clean: You can prevent ice dams by keeping your roof clean.
SERVPRO Natick Milford is available 24/7 including holidays and weekends to assist you and help you with residential or commercial storm damage. “Like it never even happened.”