If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (774) 290-4300

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

SERVPRO Natick Milford Helps With Fire Safety

2/3/2022 (Permalink)

Green box with text and orange SERVPRO logo If you follow the proper safety precautions, your space heater will be safe to operate

The cold winter months are here, and it is time to turn on the heaters. Space heaters are high-wattage items. They have the potential to create fires and set curtains and clothing on fire. 

If you follow the proper safety precautions, your space heater will be safe to operate: 


  • Your space heater should be listed by a qualified testing laboratory, you can find this on the label of the heater.
  • Look for the space heaters that have sensors with them. They will turn off when they overheat or if it tips over. 
  • Ensure that your carbon monoxide detector is tested monthly. 
  • If you think that there is damage to the cord or plug, do not run your space heater.
  • Unplug your heater when you are not using it.


  • Your space heater should not be left in kitchens or bathrooms, where water is being used regularly. 
  • Keep your space heater near flammable objects such as curtains, papers, furniture, pillows, and bedding. 
  • Do not leave your space heater on while you are sleeping.

SERVPRO Natick Milford is available 24/7 including holidays and weekends to assist you and help you with your firestorm damage. “Like it never even happened.” 

Other News

View Recent Posts