SERVPRO of Natick Milford Shares Mold Growth Tips
If you live in a climate that you heat your home frequently, mold can start growing in your home’s inside walls. The wet season during winter is the most prominent time for mold growth. This is simply because of the amount of melting snow, ice, and warm inside temperatures. Overtime mold will break down the building materials on which it grows, quickly.
Preventing Mold Growth: A great way to prevent mold growth is to make sure your walls are well-insulated. This will reduce condensation and mold.
Keep all areas clean: Make sure your building has proper air circulation. During a shower or cooking keep a window open or turn on an exhaust fan.
- Turn off the water supply to broken appliances and pipes.
- Take steps to insulate your pipes both inside and out to prevent them from freezing.
- Ensure that the seals on your windows and doors are functional.
- If you find any condensation on your windows, don’t hesitate to dry out the area and identify the source.
- Regularly vacuum and clean.
- Use area rugs or washable floor surfaces rather than wall-to-wall carpeting.
- Leaks in your roof or windows should be repaired.
- Gutters and downspouts should be clean.
- In the bathroom and kitchen, use exhaust fans or open windows when producing moisture.
- Make sure your clothes dryer is vented to the outdoors.
- Consider getting a dehumidifier for your basement.
- Make sure your attic is well insulated and ventilated.
- Cover the soil in the crawl space with waterproof polyethylene plastic. If your crawl space has vents, close the vents in the summer and keep them open in the winter.
SERVPRO Natick Milford is available 24/7 including holidays and weekends to assist you and help you with residential or commercial mold damage. “Like it never even happened.”