Spring Fire Safety Tips in Natick Milford
Fires can happen at any time anywhere, unfortunately. It can cause a lot of damage and stress that no one can ever fully be prepared for.
There isn’t one way to prevent a fire, but there are several precaution tips that you can take.
Inside the home:
- Check your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Check your fire extinguishers.
- Check for damaged extension cords.
- Check and clean filters above the stove.
Prepare for storm-related outages:
- Make sure your flashlights and portable radios have batteries.
- Practice exit drills with your family
- Pull the refrigerator out and vacuum or dust the coils.
Outside and around the yard:
- Make sure your address numbers are visible.
- Clean up yard debris.
- Maintain a clear 'fire zone' of 10 feet around structures.
- Check outdoor electrical outlets.
- Get your BBQ grill cleaned.
- Check all propane tanks and lines for leaks.
- Keep 100 feet of garden hose with an attached nozzle
We hope that you are never faced with fire damage in your home or office. These are some great tips for you to help ensure you are doing your part.
SERVPRO Natick Milford is available 24/7 including holidays and weekends to assist you and help you with residential or commercial water damage. “Like it never even happened.”