SERVPRO Natick Milford Shares Spring Storm Tips
With spring just right around the corner, thunderstorms can bring water damage to homes, and it can also bring wind damage.
Here are steps to take if your home is damaged by wind.
- Call and report damage to your insurance company.
- Take pictures of any damage safely.
- Inventory belongings that may have been destroyed or damaged.
Preventing Further Damage:
- If you believe there could be structural, electrical, or gas-leak hazards, shut off electrical power, natural gas, and propane tanks to avoid fire.
- Cover broken windows and doors with tarps.
Repairs and Cleanup:
- Don’t start repairs until your property has been inspected by an insurance representative.
- If your roof needs to be replaced, hire a professional roofing contractor.
- Fallen trees or large branches are best removed by a professional tree service.
SERVPRO Natick Milford is available 24/7 including holidays and weekends to assist you and help you with residential or commercial storm damage. “Like it never even happened.”