SERVPRO of Natick Milford Explains Fire Prevention Day
On October 8, 1871, Mrs. O’Leary was in her barn, milking her cow. The cow kicked over a lamp, which started the Great Chicago Fire of 1871. When it was over, more than 300 people were killed and over 17,000 structures were destroyed. This and other major fires caused a movement to proclaim this holiday, National Fire Prevention Day on October 9th. (nfpa.org)
It is important to create awareness of fires and know how to participate.
- Fire departments around the country hold sessions and seminars to teach fire prevention and safety. Encourage your loved ones to attend and get a refresh.
- Schools have fire drills and hold lessons on fire prevention. Encourage your children to ask questions and talk it over with them.
- Families conduct an EDITH exercise (Exit Drills In The Home). If you need assistance with this, reach out to your local fire department.
- Businesses should conduct fire drills. Set up a plan for who will be in charge of what and have an exit plan.
- Learn more about fires both nationally and locally.
Fires are never something that anyone anticipates happening, but they happen more often than not, it is important to be prepared as best as you can.
SERVPRO of Natick Milford is your premier choice for restoration and rebuilding. Our teams are ready to respond 24 hours a week, any day of the year. When you bring us on the job our team of licensed contractors and certified technicians will work collaboratively with you throughout the duration of the project. They will keep you up to date on the status of the project and make sure that your expectations are met. We will help you to move forward and make it “Like it never even happened” for all of your storm damage.